The Four Disciplines of Execution
//= __('By', 'sage'); ?>//= get_author_posts_url(get_the_author_meta('ID')); ?>//= get_the_author(); ?>
Successful companies are usually a by-product of a winning Strategy and effective Execution. While this is a common thought, many organizations struggle with the Execution side. Talented individuals often don’t lack good ideas but many struggle executing the ideas. This is because it takes more than intellectual insight to build a successful organization.
- Maintaining focus on just a few key goals will help you make better decisions and increase your chance of success.
- Avoid chasing the next new opportunity if it does not align with your Vision
- Determine activities that will help you achieve your goals. For example, if your goal is to increase sales, develop marketing activities that will generate qualified leads.
- Establish key metrics for these activities to measure effectiveness
- Inspect what you expect. A Scoreboard helps you maintain focus on activities that produce results.
- A brief weekly meeting with the following Agenda helps build and maintain accountability throughout the team. The Agenda includes:
- Report on commitments made the prior week
- Evaluate the Scoreboard — Are we on track?
- Each team member picks 2 or 3 things he or she can do this coming week to affect the Scoreboard