Director of Sales
Performance Culture, a leading HR performance management software company, seeks a Director of Sales to join the company’s leadership team and oversee its revenue production. The company is looking for the ideal mix of sales leader, manager and closer to join its energetic, dynamic organization.
Our Mission is to help build better teams for better results. We do this by addressing one of the most common challenges organizations have — performance management.
Building upon six years of strong, fast-paced growth, Performance Culture received an investment from Jurassic Capital at the end of 2020. This Jurassic investment and partnership will accelerate the company’s growth and market position. As part of Performance Culture’s leadership team, the Director of Sales will play a key role in defining the company’s sales function, growing the business 30-50%+ per year, and adding to the company’s customer roster of firms like Andersen Windows & Doors, AxiomSL, and Quinnipiac University.
This new role presents a unique opportunity to architect a sales function and build a sales team. The Director of Sales will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and be a member of the company’s leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of sales management, a solid track record of revenue production, SaaS experience and a commitment to building an organization with a strong brand and culture.
Team members must embrace and exhibit our core values.
Sales Management Requirements:
- Past responsibility for $1M+ in annual quota from selling high margin software (vs. low margin hardware/services). Track record of exceeding team sales quota.
- Building and managing teams of 5+ quota bearing sales reps across multiple territories. Track record of getting a majority of reps to quota is a must.
- Experience architecting a sales organization in preparation for future growth. Defining roles and responsibilities. Training reps and optimizing processes to increase conversion rates. Producing / launching sales enablement tools.
- Overseeing both direct and account management sales responsibilities.
- Managing both outbound and inbound demand generation activities. Collaborating closely with the marketing function.
- Industry experience in the SaaS software and/or HR tech markets.
- Experience in the corporate market ($10-99K deals, 1-6 month cycle) and the retail/SMB (<$10K, <30 day cycle) market.
- Strong fundamentals- sales methodology (solution selling), pipeline management (in CRM), account reviews, sales training, team motivation.
Sales Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years as an individual contributor. Track record of exceeding individual sales quota.
- Must be a proven closer, as this role will be modeling behavior for others and responsible for closing high profile deals.
- Experience selling to executives is a must. Need to be comfortable and in command in the boardroom.
Systems Experience Required:
- CRM experience (reporting, forecasting)
- Demo software experience
- Excel – Ability to use excel to analyze business problems and recommend solutions
- Budgeting experience preferred
- BA/BS degree
Compensation, Benefits & Other
- Organizational commitment to connecting quota responsibility and performance to compensation
- Open, collaborative work environment
- Strong company values & culture- https://performanceculture.com/careers/
- Interest in working in office and primarily from Durham, NC and Wilmington, NC when needed. The ability to travel when needed to trade shows and prospect presentations.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Successful Background Check
- A Sense of Humor
If you are interested in joining a fast-growing, high tech organization, we would love to hear from you.