Director of Sales Role
Performance Culture, a leading HR performance management software company, seeks a Director of Sales to join the company’s leadership team and oversee its revenue production. The company is looking for the ideal mix of sales leader, manager and closer to join its energetic, dynamic organization.
Our Mission is to help build better teams for better results. We do this by addressing one of the most common challenges organizations have — performance management.
Building upon five years of strong, fast-paced growth, Performance Culture received an investment from Jurassic Capital at the end of 2020. This Jurassic investment and partnership will accelerate the company’s growth and market position. As part of Performance Culture’s leadership team, the Director of Sales will play a key role in defining the company’s sales function, growing the business 30-50%+ per year, and adding to the company’s customer roster of firms like Andersen Windows & Doors, AxiomSL, and Quinnipiac University.
This new role presents a unique opportunity to architect a sales function and build a sales team. The Director of Sales will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and be a member of the company’s leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of sales management, a solid track record of revenue production, SaaS experience and a commitment to building an organization with a strong brand and culture.
Team members must embrace and exhibit our core values:
Accountability –We deliver on our action plans and are focused on our goals (even when we struggle to achieve desired business results).
Candor — We appreciate your thoughts and opinions — You are encouraged to be candid. If we have an issue, we raise it.
Grit — Grit is passion and perseverance over the long haul. We are determined to overcome challenges. We push hard, even when it is difficult. “Grit can be developed, but its archenemy is ease. We must assign ourselves difficult tasks to grow grit.”
Heart — We have a passion for what we do. We give it everything we have, all the time. We bring our best because we love what we do, and the people we serve.
Inclusive — We are all a team. We win together, rejoice together, mourn together regardless of a person’s background. We will not develop cliques, or tolerate “water cooler talk.” Diversity should be sought and embraced.
Sales Management Requirements:
- Past responsibility for $1M+ in annual quota from selling high margin software (vs. low margin hardware/services). Track record of exceeding team sales quota.
- Building and managing teams of 5+ quota bearing sales reps across multiple territories. Track record of getting a majority of reps to quota is a must.
- Experience architecting a sales organization in preparation for future growth. Defining roles and responsibilities. Training reps and optimizing processes to increase conversion rates. Producing / launching sales enablement tools.
- Overseeing both direct and account management sales responsibilities.
- Managing both outbound and inbound demand generation activities. Collaborating closely with the marketing function.
- Industry experience in the SaaS software and/or HR tech markets.
- Experience in the corporate market ($10-99K deals, 1-6 month cycle) more so than the retail/SMB (<$10K, <30 day cycle) or enterprise ($000Ks – $Ms, >6 month cycle).
- Strong fundamentals- sales methodology (solution selling), pipeline management (in CRM), account reviews, sales training, team motivation.
Sales Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years as an individual contributor. Track record of exceeding individual sales quota.
- Must be a proven closer, as this role will be modeling behavior for others and responsible for closing high profile deals.
- Experience selling to executives is a must. Need to be comfortable and in command in the boardroom.
Systems Experience Required:
- CRM experience (reporting, forecasting)
- Demo software experience
- Excel – Ability to use excel to analyze business problems and recommend solutions
- Budgeting experience preferred
- BA/BS degree
Compensation, Benefits & Other
- Organizational commitment to connecting quota responsibility and performance to compensation
- Open, collaborative work environment
- Strong company values & culture- https://performanceculture.com/careers/
- Interest in working from Durham, NC and Wilmington, NC
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- A Sense of Humor
If you are interested in joining a fast-growing, high-tech organization, we would love to hear from you. Please complete the application below.