Director of Customer Success
Performance Culture, a leading HR performance management software company, seeks a Director of Customer Success to join the company’s leadership team and oversee its Customer relationships. The company is looking for a leader with the ideal mix of Customer Success, Support, and Account Management to join its energetic, dynamic organization.
Our Mission is to help build better teams for better results. We do this by addressing one of the most common challenges organizations have — performance management.
Building upon five years of strong, fast-paced growth, Performance Culture received an investment from Jurassic Capital at the end of 2020. This Jurassic investment and partnership will accelerate the company’s growth and market position. As part of Performance Culture’s leadership team, the Director of Customer Success will play a key role in defining the company’s relationship with its customers, supporting successful performance management, and working with customers like Andersen Windows & Doors, AxiomSL, and Quinnipiac University.
This new role presents a unique opportunity to architect a Customer Success function and build a team around it. The Director of Customer Success will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and be a member of the company’s leadership team.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of relationship building, a solid track record of customer implementation and retention, SaaS experience and a commitment to building an organization with a strong brand and culture.
Team members must embrace and exhibit our core values:
Accountability –We deliver on our action plans and are focused on our goals (even when we struggle to achieve desired business results).
Candor — We appreciate your thoughts and opinions — You are encouraged to be candid. If we have an issue, we raise it.
Grit — Grit is passion and perseverance over the long haul. We are determined to overcome challenges. We push hard, even when it is difficult. “Grit can be developed, but it’s archenemy is ease. We must assign ourselves difficult tasks to grow grit.”
Heart — We have a passion for what we do. We give it everything we have, all the time. We bring our best because we love what we do, and the people we serve.
Inclusive — We are all a team. We win together, rejoice together, mourn together regardless of a person’s background. We will not develop cliques, or tolerate “water cooler talk.” Diversity should be sought and embraced.
Customer Success Management Requirements:
- Past responsibility for building and managing teams of 3+ focused on customer success for high-margin software products for many customers (more so than a smaller number of enterprise accounts).
- Responsibility for renewing a portfolio of customer contracts
- Experience developing and delivering professional services designed to implement and set customers up for success.
- Past responsibility for managing a technical support team, including defining, implementing, and executing support workflows and processes. This includes handling customer escalations, determining support queue coverage, and managing support KPIs.
- Experience architecting a customer success organization in preparation for future growth. Defining roles and responsibilities. Training Customer Success Managers and optimizing processes to evaluate customer satisfaction, customer retention, and case management efficiency. Producing / launching tools to support the team.
- Industry experience in the SaaS software and/or HR tech markets.
Customer Success Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years as an individual contributor. Track record of delivering excellent customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with customers at all levels in an organization.
- Experience working with executives is a must. Need to be comfortable and in command in the boardroom.
Systems Experience Required:
- Support and CRM tool experience (such as Crisp, Intercom, Copper)
- Excel – Ability to use MS Excel to analyze business problems and recommend solutions
- Budgeting experience preferred
- BA/BS degree
Compensation, Benefits & Other
- Open, collaborative work environment
- Strong company values & culture- https://performanceculture.com/careers/
- Interest in working from Durham, NC and periodically from office in Wilmington, NC
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- A Sense of Humor
If you are interested in joining a fast-growing, high-tech organization, we would love to hear from you. Please complete the application below.